30 Mar ABB `s Freescale Annual Plant Shutdown
ABB’s Freescale Annual Plant Shutdown :
Testing, Servicing & Overhaul of LT & HT Circuit Breakers
(Freescale Semiconductors was faced with an expedited planning schedule to meet shutdown planning gateways for works to be carried out on 132kV & 11kV GIS Substations)
Global Power Test (GPT) was engaged for Testing/ Calibration/ Programming of Relays/Switch yard Equipment Condition Monitoring, HV Testing of Cables and Testing of Earth Resistance.
Our engineering deliverables included:
- Finalization of T&C program, Survey of site & review of technical requirements.
- Test Equipment in accordance with Local and International Standards
- Testing & Calibration of the Relays in the Substation – client`s Bill of Quantity
- Input to the client’s Commissioning Plan, including Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plan and execution schedule.
- Input to the client’s Completions Dossier, including Inspection and Test Records and as-built documentation.
- Relay Test Report for:-
- Outgoing Transformer No.1
- Incomer 1 – Sea Park
- Outgoing Transformer No.2
- Incomer 2 – KL South
- BUS Section
Our field works included:
- Generation of HSSE packs including Safe Work Method Statements, Permits to Work and compliance with the end-user’s site induction requirements.
- Testing & Calibration of all the different Equipment in the Substation including;-
- Physical check
- Condition Monitoring – Phasor & Zonal Fault type
- Fault current Anlaysis
- Testing of Protection Coordination & Protection Relay Programming
- Agreed with the client on the scope of work.
- Designed an action plan for leveraging our knowledge of the end-users systems and requirements to meet the planning gateways within time allowed.
- Quickly allocated and deployed Testing Engineers and GPT resources as required to maintain close integration with the client and end-user during the planning and implementation phases.
- Structured our field team to respond quickly and efficiently to ad-hoc Testing & Calibration schedule and scope changes.
- All the Tests were fully carried out within the time allocated
- Completion of Test & Calibration Report documentation, duly endorsed by Energy Commission Approved Competent Engineer.
- The client was satisfied that we managed to keep the schedule without any hiccups.